发表于 2009-4-10 05:19 PM | 显示全部楼层

Thanks QJ's open house.

FYI. QQQ posting at http://qqqmktanalysis.blogspot.com
Nov 14, 2008
Books for people who starts trading
Come Into My Trading Room By Elder
Technical Analysis of The Financial Markets By Murphy
Elliott Wave principle By Frost and Prechter

At http://www.247free.org/books/ (thanks to Yager's introduction for the site), there are the following.
Elder, Alexander - Come Into My Trading Room (complete).pdf
Murphy, John J. - Technical Analysis of the Finacial Markets.pdf
Prechter, Robert & Frost - Elliott Wave Principle - Key to Market Behaviour.pdf

And more....
Douglas, Mark - Trading In The Zone.pdf
Douglas, Mark -The Disciplined Trader.zip
Mark Douglas - Trading in the Zone (complete and formatted).pdf
Elder, Alexander - Trading for a Living.PDF
Schwager, Jack - Stock Market Wizards.pdf
Schwager, Jack - The New Market Wizards.pdf
Nison, Steve - Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques (1991).pdf
Thomas N. Bulkowski - Encyclopedia Of Chart Patterns (Pdf).rar
O'Neil, William J. - How to Make Money in Stocks.pdf
Oz, Tony - Day Trading Wizard.pdf
Oz, Tony - The Stock Trader How I Make a Living Trading Stocks.pdf
Oz, Tony - The Stock Trader.pdf
Fontanills, George - The Options Course Workbook.pdf
Fontanills, George - The Options Course.pdf
Fontanills, George A. - Optionetics 6th Ed.pdf
Fontanills, George A. - Optionetics Appendix.pdf
Fontanills, George A. - The Options Course - High Profit And Low Stress Trading Methods.pdf
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-10 05:53 PM | 显示全部楼层
Very impressive!

Thanks a lot!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-10 08:46 PM | 显示全部楼层
Just because QQQ dares to open her blog, she beats most of lao das here.

By the way, BMW is supper since he posted clear trade alerts, which had more wins.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-10 11:39 PM | 显示全部楼层
nice!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-11 12:42 AM | 显示全部楼层
好人哪
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-11 05:48 AM | 显示全部楼层
Many thanks to Q姐,BTW:u said XLF will reach 10/11 next week, in fact it had reached this target on Thursday. Then where will it go?big fall down or small pull back then rush again?
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-4-11 11:56 AM | 显示全部楼层
46# mapleflow

All eyes on GS next week. Plus most financial firms'ER will be released most of them will be good and beat, the only question is, are they already priced in?
From TA point of view for XLF, see chart:

0412-1.png
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-11 12:28 PM | 显示全部楼层
thanks a lot
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-11 12:42 PM | 显示全部楼层
Many thanks to Q sister, so prompt reply! So u means it will definitely pull back on next monday to fill the gap. But I suspect just one day pull back then rise again is too dangerous for bull (suppose GS will rls good ER and XLF reach the 2nd target by this chance). If so, how long will it stay on that high level? A big fall on seems hard to avoid.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-4-11 12:55 PM | 显示全部楼层
as long as 9ema keeps raising, I do not expect big fall, in fact this chart is in nice up trend.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-11 06:31 PM | 显示全部楼层
谢谢Q姐!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-11 10:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-11 10:34 PM | 显示全部楼层
47# QQQ

Thanks, Big Q Jie!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-12 09:04 AM | 显示全部楼层
Hi QQQ,
Thank you for your kindness.  Your blog is great.  I do have a few questions for you:

1. What broker(s) you are using?  Pros and cons?
I use Fidelity and could not find some indicators/info you and HHs of TH use.

2. How do you select the parameters of these indicators beside these defualt/commenly used?  For ex. you mention EMA 9.  What are the successful rate (round percentage) in your settings in general?

3. It ES play must be in a margin account? Or could be played in cash account as well? Which broker you use to play ES?

4. What is the best or better way for a new day trader to catch up?  Would you share your own path to get where you are today? Mentor? Books (a short list for best books)? Obersevation of other HHs do?  The webs/blogs help you most? etc...

5. Your stop choice seem differrent from those commonly used.  Very interesting.  Would you share your thought behind your stops.

Many many thanks,
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-12 09:28 AM | 显示全部楼层
Hi QQQ:
Here are more Qs:
How much you credit your success to your intuition and how much to your analytical skills.  What are the other important attributes you think are important.

Thanks again.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-12 09:36 AM | 显示全部楼层
thanks
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-12 11:06 AM | 显示全部楼层
Thanks. QQQ
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-4-12 12:37 PM | 显示全部楼层
Blog is closed as we need prepare tonight and tomorrow
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-4-12 02:58 PM | 显示全部楼层
1. What broker(s) you are using?  Pros and cons?
I use InteractiveBrokers and TradeStation now. Both are easy to do trading and very low commission. The problem is some company firewall blocks both software running. In this case, OptionXpress is better. I never used ThinkOrSwim. Other brokers have no or very limited way to trade future, so I do not even look at them.

2. How do you select the parameters of these indicators beside these defualt/commenly used?  For ex. you mention EMA 9.  What are the successful rate (round percentage) in your settings in general?
There is no definitive on the way to set MA, I use ema9, ema or sma 20, 50, 200 on daily, and you can see my early post on 5, 15 min system, uses different MA, and sometime I change those MA parameters to better fit mkt moves.

3. It ES play must be in a margin account? Or could be played in cash account as well? Which broker you use to play ES?
To trade ES, you need enable future trading from your broker. It depends whick broker you are using, the bottom line is different.

4. What is the best or better way for a new day trader to catch up?  Would you share your own path to get where you are today? Mentor? Books (a short list for best books)? Obersevation of other HHs do?  The webs/blogs help you most? etc...
First Study TA
Books? Yes, My first book is: Come to My Trading Room" By Dr. Elder, A must read. See the book list above from JL.
Mentor: Yes, A good mentor/teacher can help shorten the path. But you will have to do the work not your mentor/teacher.
Obersevation of other HHs do? Yes, But All I did is trying get the best out of those HH and use them for my own development.
The webs/blogs help you most? Yes, those helps, I still subscribe 2 services. I read their posts as part of information gathering for making my own decisions.

5. Your stop choice seem differrent from those commonly used.  Very interesting.  Would you share your thought behind your stops.
My stops are from chart, not from book, also from experience on certain type of stocks and ETFs.

6 How much you credit your success to your intuition and how much to your analytical skills.  What are the other important attributes you think are important
95% of people are not gift from God to be a trader. So your TA and analytical skills are MUST have to be successful. As I discussed in today's class, Trying to think what you need to fit this mkt, rather than think what you can get from this mkt. Have a balanced attribute is important. Calm, consistant, fast-reaction/decision, are good personal behaviors, But this doesn't mean you can not be successful, But if emotion control is really a problem that over comes the highest discipline you can enforce, then Trading is not the thing for you, means you can not handle it. Go find something else that you can enjoy your life with it.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 04:52 AM , Processed in 0.053409 second(s), 15 queries .