查看: 947|回复: 2

[灌水] it is very interesting

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-11-12 11:19 AM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

美国总统特朗普:民主党占据白宫众议院多数席位的前景正令美国股市承压。
民主党人策划对我的骚扰导致股市出现“严重的头痛症状”。
(华尔街见闻)
 楼主| 发表于 2018-11-12 07:51 PM | 显示全部楼层
The Federal Reserve has hiked interest rates eight times since 2015 and former Microsoft COO Bob Herbold says maybe it’s time for the central bank reduce its pace.

“The Fed ought to think about slowing down. We need to stabilize a bit. You see a lot criticism on the speed,” he told FOX Business’ Neil Cavuto on Monday.

At the November meeting, Fed officials indicated they will maintain plans to keep raising interest rates as the U.S. economy improves and with the U.S. unemployment rate at the lowest level since 1969. Officials expect to hike rates by the end of this year and gradually continue to raise rates at least through 2019.

Herbold said Fed Chairman Jerome Powell is adding risk to the financial markets and the U.S. economic recovery by over doing it.

“I think that there’s no reason why you can’t’ let your foot off that accelerator for a bit and let things stabilize,” he said.

Last month, President Trump blamed the central bank for driving the selloff in the stock market, saying the Fed “has gone crazy.”

“I think the Fed is making a mistake. They’re so tight. I think the Fed has gone crazy,” Trump told reporters.

The central bank’s benchmark federal funds rate influences interest rates across the economy, including the prime rate, which is used by banks to set rates for credit cards and other methods of borrowing.

Additionally mortgage rates are rising hitting a 7-year high making home loans more expensive.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-11-12 08:15 PM | 显示全部楼层

回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 10:49 PM , Processed in 0.030064 second(s), 14 queries .