http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/08/he ... ndex.html?hpt=he_t5

文章先讲发生了什么,活体捐肝者死在手术台

再讲为什么会发生,找到医院和手术过程中一些问题
(听上去挺恐怖)

最后(抄在下面)讲到活体捐肝者和他的家庭的信仰,以及捐肝决定过程。

从这个不幸的事件中,一个反基可以看到什么呢? 神不是全能的,神不是慈爱的,blah blah。。。
一个基督徒却可以从其中看到神,看到耶稣,看到神的爱,看到信仰的力量。
你看到什么呢?

Lorraine knows she may never get all her questions answered about why her husband died that May afternoon.

She looks back on the day Paul made the decision to donate part of his liver with a mixture of sadness and pride. It was Thanksgiving Day, 2009, and they were at a Cracker Barrel in Tampa with their two grown sons.

During dinner, Lorraine's cell phone rang. When she answered the call and heard Susie crying, Lorraine excused herself to take the call outside.

When she returned to the table, Lorraine told Paul and their sons the bad news.

"Tim is ill, and if he doesn't get a liver donation, he'll die," she told them. Getting a liver from a cadaver was out of the question, she explained, since Tim was so sick, he'd never live long enough to get off the waiting list.

"My husband in 30 seconds -- no, less than that -- said 'I'll get tested,' " Lorraine remembers." And then our son Joseph said he'd get tested, too. Nobody ever asked them to do it. They just did it."

Before Joseph could protest, Paul told his son he'd fly to Boston first to get tested first, and if he wasn't a match, then Joseph could try. That turned out not to be necessary, as the tests showed Paul was a "perfect match," Lorraine says.

Before Paul flew to Boston for the transplant, the couple's other son, Gene, saw his father off at the Tampa airport.

"We had lunch together, and then right there in the middle of the airport I hugged him, even though he wasn't a touchy-feely guy," Gene remembers. "I prayed for good surgeons' hands to do the right thing."

In retrospect, Gene wishes he had advised his father to get a second opinion from another doctor about whether he was healthy enough to give away 60% of his liver -- from a doctor who didn't stand to financially gain from the transplant.

But his family says before the transplant, Paul Hawks wasn't looking for advice. He was looking to do good. Being a living donor was just an extension of the goodwill he did in his regular life, they say, like helping elderly people in his church with their home repairs for free.

"He wanted people to see Christ in him every day with every interaction," Gene says. "At lunch that day, he told me he wasn't going to die, because it was low risk, but if he did, he was prepared for it, because he was going to heaven."

发表于 2012-4-16 10:48 PM | 显示全部楼层
人路的尽头是天路的开始, 愿PAUL在天堂里安息
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-5-5 11:33 PM , Processed in 0.027159 second(s), 14 queries .